Friday, July 1, 2011

It's time to go....

Tomorrow morning I leave!

I got a special package in the mail. Thanks to my friend Beth for the great books! The first one made it into my purse to read on the way!





I've spent the last two days packing and have managed to get all my things in one suitcase and one carry-on. The best part - the suitcase is 48 pounds and yes I can pick it up. It's not a pretty picture to see me pick it up, but it can be done.

Our first plane leaves around 11AM and then the second one leaves New York in the late afternoon. We'll be in Senegal around 6AM local time (a bright 2AM North Carolina time).

Please say a prayer for us as we travel. Please say a prayer for me if you will. I had to switch malaria medicines because of a bad reaction, so I'm still feeling a little under the weather.

I will update you as much as I can, but they have had power outages in Senegal...so we'll see.

1 comment: